Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Autobiography

I was born and raised in the Lower Mainland with brief stays in Kamloops (school--Animal Health/Veterinary Technology program) and Sechelt (first job after school).  Currently back in the Lower Mainland.

I have always loved animals and wanted to be a veterinarian when I was young.  When I found out how much schooling was required I decided that it wasn't for me.  I went to SFU right out of high school, but after a couple years decided I still didn't really know what I wanted to do, so I quit and went to work full time.  After a few years, I got brave and decided to go back to school to become a Veterinary Technologist.  After graduation, I worked in small animal clinics for 10 years and then started looking for a new challenge.  That led me to teaching in the Veterinary Technology program at Douglas College.

In 2009 I decided it was time to finish my BSc started so many years ago.  I am a scientist at heart and the first course I decide to take is Humanities....It was a tough course for me but I got through it.  I continue to take courses and hope I will finish my degree some day!

I started taking PID courses when I started teaching in 2010.  I signed up for several of the courses over the past couple of years that were canceled for low registration.  Time passed as it does and all of a sudden I was beyond the 5 year limit and had to apply for an extension.  I have taken two courses in the past year; this is my last course before completing plus the capstone.

In my spare time, I train for triathlons.  I have completed two Ironman races, in Whistler and Copenhagen, Denmark.  My partner and I have three dogs and two cats.  We have no kids of our own but two nephews and a niece that help keep us in the 'young people loop'.

For those wondering, "determined Bos primigenius" is an expansion of my nickname.

No comments:

Post a Comment